Cahoots NI are seeking a Wardrobe Supervisor for work on upcoming projects. Please see information below. If you think you are suitable for the role, please send your current CV and any evidence of work you may wish to share to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Noon on Monday 6th August 2018.
To head the wardrobe department for the production and rehearsals as required with a contract from 1st October-1st December 2018, during which time this should be your only exclusive project.
- To work in a cooperative and collaborative manner with the Creative Team to establish and execute the wardrobe needs of the production.
- To maintain budgetary control with the Production Manager on given areas of responsibility
- To carry out preliminary and preparatory work for the show
- To Maintain a safe working environment in line with current health and safety regulations and the Company’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that relevant costume requirements are met in an efficient, effective, flexible and friendly manner.
- To oversee and participate in the running of performances and rehearsals.
- To ensure that all wardrobe related work is carried out within the time constraint set and regularly report to Production Manager on progress and any deviation from the schedule.
- To advise and assist other costume makers where necessary
- To ensure that the artistic integrity of the costume design is continually delivered throughout the productions life
- To Generate and maintain all paperwork necessary for the smooth running of the project and potential transfers where appropriate
- To Oversee the procurement and maintenance of adequate stock of consumables
- To Oversee remakes as necessary as agreed with Production Manager
- To attend production/planning meetings and notes sessions, respond to show reports and generally assume responsibility for the running of the wardrobe department
- To Manage several other makers as part of the wardrobe team.
- Experience as Wardrobe Supervisor at a similar professional level
- A broad understanding of wardrobe maintenance and of health and safety legislation and its implications in the wardrobe environment.
- A broad knowledge of costume and period
- Excellent hand and machine sewing skills
- The ability to work on ones own initiate and in a team
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and planning skills
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Responsive to artistic needs
- Knowledge of basic sewing machine maintenance
- An understanding and appreciation of other theatrical technical departments.
Fees will be negotiated with the successful candidate